Join now - be part of our community!

Hazy 4K signal from UPB X1000es to KD 55AF9

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
TZANETOS
Explorer

Hazy 4K signal from UPB X1000es to KD 55AF9

Hello to everyone

My blu ray disc player is UPB X1000es connected to my KD 55AF9 TV through a Marantz SR7013 AVR. The AVR is connected to HDMI3 eARC/ARC. The UPB is connected via HDMI cable to AVR's blu ray input.

The TV's eARC/ARC is set to enhanced format.

I have set the disc player as following:

HDR output: auto

Output video resolution: 4K

When turning on the UPB the initial screen (set up screen) is hazy, "snowy" (white dots) and very unstable (turns on and off) and it is the same when trying to play a 4K disc.

How can I resolve this problem? What are the appropriate TV and disc player settings?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@TZANETOS 

As a test, drop the Marantz out of the equation by connecting the UHD Player directly to HDMI3 on the TV with your best High Speed HDMI cable.

Do the problems persist?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@TZANETOS 

As a test, drop the Marantz out of the equation by connecting the UHD Player directly to HDMI3 on the TV with your best High Speed HDMI cable.

Do the problems persist?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GR.title
TZANETOS
Explorer

Connected upb directly to HDMI3 and the picture now is crystal clear. Next question: how can I puy the AVR in the equation. It is 4K compatible.

Thank you for your time

profile.country.GR.title
TZANETOS
Explorer

Following your advice, I realised that the problem comes from the AVR. So I changed its video 4K settings to "enhanced" and everything now works fine. 

Thank you for your time and good will.

Best regards