Join now - be part of our community!

Delete a Locked Recording

profile.country.GB.title
bobg65
Explorer

Delete a Locked Recording

Hello All

I have a KD-43XD8305 with a WD USB HDD attached. I recently scheduled a recording of a BBC 1 program the listing of which included a content warnig. For the first time since I've had the TV, just under a year, I was asked for a PIN before being allowed to view it. I don't remember inputing a pin at any time but I tried the one I use for all non secure purposes and I was able to play the file. However, when I tried to delete the file it still showed the padlock and cannot be deleted.

I now know why the file was locked, because I had not removed parental control from recordings in setup, only broadcasts. When I try to delete the file, the Delete function in the Action Menu is greyed out and a message appears to the effect that I should read the manual for details of how to remove the lock and thus remove the file. I've read many versions of the "watch / delete recordings and can find no reference.

Can anyone help please.

Cheers

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @bobg65,

It sounds like you need to cancel the PIN by following these instructions: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/113071 

This should then remove the lock and enable you to delete the recording.

Hope that helps!

C

profile.country.GB.title
bobg65
Explorer

Hi cass_n

Thanks for the response, there are some settings shown on that page that I haven't tried. I'll go through them and see what happens.

Thanks again

Bob