Join now - be part of our community!

Crhome cast in youtube D8005

profile.country.FI.title
Jope86
Explorer

Crhome cast in youtube D8005

Crhome cast don't work in YouTube. Didn't help clearing youtube in TV.  Info that shone in sony app. Full Restarde TV holding power button. works Netflix and other crhome cast apps. Not working in my HP laptop (2017). Huawei  tablet M5 (2016).  Samsung A5 (2017)

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

I can confirm that I have the same issue in a 55xe9005. Everything casts normally except YouTube. Could the latest Chromecast built-in app update be the culprit?

profile.country.FI.title
Jope86
Explorer

Yes that I think is the reason. I  cleared tv memory (ram)  and it didn't help. My TV is KD-55XD8005 

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

I have cleared cache and memory on the TV's built-in chromecast app, reboot the TV and set it again in the Google Home app on my phone and it seems that this procedure fixed the problem, until the next one...

This android 7 OS is a real pain and I am not that optimistic that Oreo will be better (if and when it is released for our sets...)

profile.country.FI.title
Jope86
Explorer

It did fixed my TV to. Yes I thinkin we get. But maybe not this year. last update there was XF90  and  AF8 models (2018). They use same CPU. Memory is same. Oreo should be better https://youtu.be/wHr055hAhYM in the end says that it works mutch better. 

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Nah, no permanent solution. After an hour broken again. Just youtube, everything else is casting OK.

profile.country.FI.title
Jope86
Explorer

yes same thing only YouTube  cast not working.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Eventually, kind of a fix is to uninstall the Chromecast built in app update.

This seems to bypass the problem, but the drawback is that you loose the HDR YT casting capability.

Let's hope that the fix is one the way.

profile.country.FI.title
Jope86
Explorer

Yes.  I am going to wait fix. Hove it can be that in phone's android works and not this many bugs. I think they shouldn't release updates if there is bugs. Maybe beta realse. Like there is in   playstation 4. 

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Update:

Neither the rollback to previous chromecast built in version is a stable fix in my case.