Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Rolling out tomorrow. FINALLY

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Here's official video:

https://youtu.be/qhhNZmNj8JY

profile.country.GB.title
Hakki.Gulmez
Explorer

Hi guys, I'm here now in Turkey and 00:27 hours and dates from 30 February, so why are you still did not support Oreo update their sites?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

Also available in the UK.

profile.country.GB.title
novalu
Explorer

In Czech Republic OTA wasn't available, but I've downloaded Oreo and install it via USB without any problem. Oreo looks great.

profile.country.GB.title
Hakki.Gulmez
Explorer

friends, I've installed the oreo update with usb, but I'm not happy at the moment, if you say why; 1080p and 4K videos that I play before do not open now, there is also a problem with DLNA streaming 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

This is a known issue, that everybody is complaining about in the US. I guess I'll just stick with Nougat, until they find a solution.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes. The Video app is totally broken. It hardly plays anything and often puts the TV in an inconsistent state. Kodi is fine though. You just have to disable DTS and DTS-HD passthrough which the TV pretends to support. It however does not work.

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

I really don't understand I'm testing all my 4K demo videos with high bitrate and al movies everything on external hdd (not even usb 3.0 but the older 2.0) and everything is working flawlessly...

I did a factory reset after update...