Join now - be part of our community!

3D Confusion! KDL-43W809 CBU

SOLVED
kanpaaris
New

3D Confusion! KDL-43W809 CBU

Hello all

My first time here and I didn't see anything already posted that helped, so apologies in advance if I have missed something.

I purchased the KDL-43W809 CBU and I love it.  I didn't buy it for the 3D capabilities but as it had it, I thought I would get a couple of pairs of active glasses, which registered fine, and give it a go.  To my consternation (and I normally consider myself to be fairly technical) I cannot get any 3D content to play and look 3D through the glasses.  I have SBS content playing from Plex, but the TV doesn't detect.  Also content from my nvidia Shield, through You-Tube or Google Movies, again the TV doesn't auto detect.  

I could live with that if all I needed to do was to change the settings within the menu, but when I do, I turn on 3D and the second I exit the menu system, 3D gets turned off!  Quite frustrating as now I know the feature is there, I want to use it.

Am I being a complete noob or am I missing something fundamental?  Any guideance on how to get 3D content playing - even just for testing - would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to activate the 3D settings, you must be playing 3D content at the time.  Going to the settings menu stops video playback completely.  Therefore this option is available in the 'Action Menu'

Upon saying that though, there is a current unresolved issue in regards to the 3D options being 'missing' from the action menu in some circumstances.  

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2126443#M41214

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to activate the 3D settings, you must be playing 3D content at the time.  Going to the settings menu stops video playback completely.  Therefore this option is available in the 'Action Menu'

Upon saying that though, there is a current unresolved issue in regards to the 3D options being 'missing' from the action menu in some circumstances.  

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2126443#M41214

Cheers

kanpaaris
New

Hi there

Thanks for this information.  It seems I also suffer from the lack of 3D context option via the action menu like quite a few others.

I'll install the app and give that a go.

Thank you!