Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Models - MotionFlow XR 800/900/1000 - Hardware or software constrain?

SOLVED
Mironelul
Explorer

2015 Models - MotionFlow XR 800/900/1000 - Hardware or software constrain?

Hello there!

I recently acquired a Sony Bravia 55W807C (wished for the 55W808C - but the store didn't have it). I first thought there was no difference between the 55W805C, 55W807C and 55W808C, except the colours.

Eventually, via SONY's website, I found out that there were some small differences @ the MotionFlow values.

805C - 800 Hz

807C - 900 Hz

808C - 1000 Hz

809C - 1000 Hz

My question is:

Is this difference Hardware or Software related?

Is it a software constrain? Is the 807C and 808C using the same panel? Therefore can the 807C reach the 1000Hz as well?

Note: I am not quite a Motion Interpolation fan, usually keeping these settings to the minimum. However, I was a bit curious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The W80C Series TVs use an IPS panel.

In regards to MotionFlow, Sony do not actually elaborate on what technologies they use for specific TVs.  Have a read of :

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65562/

In regards to the difference between 800hz or 1000hz - to be honest, its unlikely you would be able to tell the 'real' difference in the home.  But its nice 'marketing' for Sony to differentiate between models and charge a bit more too. It is only human to assume a bigger number (in this case) is better.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The W80C Series TVs use an IPS panel.

In regards to MotionFlow, Sony do not actually elaborate on what technologies they use for specific TVs.  Have a read of :

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65562/

In regards to the difference between 800hz or 1000hz - to be honest, its unlikely you would be able to tell the 'real' difference in the home.  But its nice 'marketing' for Sony to differentiate between models and charge a bit more too. It is only human to assume a bigger number (in this case) is better.

Cheers

Mironelul
Explorer

Thanks a lot for the detailed information and references!

:slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Mironelul
Explorer

By the way, do you happen to know where can I find some release dates (month and year) for each model of the W80 series? Thanks.