Join now - be part of our community!

Recommendation for first ever camera

profile.country.GB.title
ozunasawai4
New

Recommendation for first ever camera

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting either the Sony A7ii or the A7iii for my first camera. At first I was really leaning towards A7ii as the low price point was really appealing to me, but as I did more research, the A7iii seemed way too good for me to pass on. Should I make the extra $1000 investment for an A7iii or just start with something cheaper like the A7ii leaving me with more money for l https://vshare.onl/ enses and other gears. I'm not that interested in taking videos so 4K doesn't really matter me. https://omegle.onl/ 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Whatever you choose:

Buy last year's top model and RTFM plus watch Nigel Danson on YouTube.

First half of photography is master your camera, second half is learn how to make great pictures.

Me, I am half way or less in learning both.

Photography is brilliant, applying simple rules to create great photos is another thing.

Even with the 6 series or RX 10, or RX 100 you can achieve miracles.

I 'd suggest to start with the RX10 series.

See what you achieve, enjoy and after a few years decide what fits you.

I wish you fruitful and happy years with your new camera, whatever make or model it will be.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Photography is all about addiction.

I carry Xperia 1 and DSC-HX90V with me everywhere.

Xperia 1 has Alpha technology and very good software to produce perfect pictures.

DSC-HX90V has this great zoom (720mm) to catch birds at a distance, to use it as binoculars, but the weak point is it's small 1/2.3 image sensor.

Problem is I don't want to carry big cameras with me and RX100VI or VII just offer just 200mm.

My recommendation for you is to buy a secondhand DSC-RX10 III, a brillant camera.

Learn to use it and learn to love to make pictures.

When you love the new hobby - I'm certain you will - then sell it and buy what fits your needs.

Second thing is to have a system to categorise your pictures.

I'm using Bulk Rename Utility to preceed every pictures' name with date taken in the format YYYMMDD_MMSS plus that I'm using Picasa 3.9.141 to catalogue my pictures. 

Picasa is very good at recognising faces. It does it locally so you don't need to share everything on the web.

Retrieving pictures with your love ones on it is so easy.

Of course there are other and better solutions. This is just my pick.

One tip.

I see a lot of pictures from landscapes.

Sometimes those are really beautiful but most of the times I think they're just boring.

Snap your friends and family. You'll love those pictures ever after.

Enjoy your new hobby!

PS Sony camera software is very good at recognising the faces of your love ones once you've learned the software to do so. Use it!