Join now - be part of our community!

a6500 Picture Profile stuck!!!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ReggieWes
Explorer

a6500 Picture Profile stuck!!!

Left my a6500 turned off in MOVIE mode with Picture Profile pp7 selected, but now I cant turn it off from pp7. no matter what I do, it stays the same. The only way i can change it is in AUTO still mode and useing picture effect, which i want to use neither.

I've tried updating and resetting the camera... does anyone know a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Darn!

One last shot, have you copied any settings to another picture profile number?

Even if not it may be worth a go / another go.

To Reset the picture profile to the default settingYou can reset the picture profile to the default setting. You cannot reset all picture profile settings at once.MENU (Camera Settings1) → [Picture Profile][Reset]

If not then hopefully Support will be able to help.

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering you have reset the camera and it still didnt resolve the problem, Im escalating your issue to Sony Support for them to advise you.  Unless another forum member can assist you in the meantime, Sony Support should be in contact with you in a couple of working days.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Its odd that the reset hasn't helped.

Just to double check, have you tried removing the battery and any memory card from

the camera and then reinserting the battery and trying the reset again?

profile.country.GB.title
ReggieWes
Explorer

I've tried using different batteries and different memory cards in the camera and tried multiple times to reset it, but still no results! its so frustrating cause now I'm unable to go below 800 ISO, so I'm screwed using it for during the day now. 

I've messaged sony support as soon as I realised the problem but still waiting for response.

It's not even a hardware problem that I can go get fixed, I'm completely stuck!!!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Darn!

One last shot, have you copied any settings to another picture profile number?

Even if not it may be worth a go / another go.

To Reset the picture profile to the default settingYou can reset the picture profile to the default setting. You cannot reset all picture profile settings at once.MENU (Camera Settings1) → [Picture Profile][Reset]

If not then hopefully Support will be able to help.

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
ReggieWes
Explorer

IMG_4583.JPG.jpegIMG_4584.JPG.jpegMy screen doesn't come up with a "reset" option

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for checking and for the photos too :slight_smile:

Out of interest have you updated the firmware lately?

)There was one released on the 7th June.)

I'm wondering if it isn't installed whether it may just jog something back into place if you do install it.

Straws? Clutching? Me?  :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
ReggieWes
Explorer

I hadn't updated it when the problem started but updated yesterday... no affect

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for getting back to me :thumbsup:

As Duncan Bannatyne used to say on Dragon's Den...."I'm out"

(of ideas).

Hopefully Support can help you soon :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
ReggieWes
Explorer

Support got back, told me to do all the stuff that I've already tried, but they mentioned the Picture Profile reset again and I realised how to do what you said before. So I now have all the Picture Profiles how they should be, but "Picture Profile Off" is still in slog3 which is still frustrating, and there doesnt seem to be a way around it!

The video below demonstrates the problem and how the Picture Profile will only turn off in complete auto still mode.