Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 V Bravia CORE issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Mangodan2003
Explorer

Xperia 1 V Bravia CORE issues.

Night before last I downloaded and watched "A man called otto", had to plug into an LG monitor via usb-c to usb-c as didn't have a USB-C to HDMI cable and screen mirror to our Sony TV didn't work (The general phone UI would show up but the video is just a black screen, or black with the controls overlayed when the UI controls are visible).

The film played fine but it was obviously not a great viewing experience on a tiny 27" screen.

So I bought a USB-C to HDMI adaptor, plugged into the TV and set about watching 65. Seemed great at first but after a while the video and audio to TV just cut out, black screened. The video was still playing on the phone but audio still muted on phone indicating it still had the connection to the TV. I replugged the USB-C and it recovered but not long after this it happened again. I was blaming the adaptor at first as it seemed like that was what had changed from the night before and I've never had any such problems with things plugged into the TV. However after a while of it happening and replugging the cable this method stopped working. I tried restarting the phone and realised in the process that simply exiting out of the film and pressing resume to start playing again was enough to recover the link, so it now seems like a problem with Bravia CORE or the phone that for some reason didn't happen when watching the first film.

I also on several occasions during this painful film watching session was greated with an error saying "network lost" or something to that effect. The network was not lost, everything else was able to use internet , and why should it need a network connection anyway when watching a downloaded movie?

Less than stellar experience 😪

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Mangodan2003

Try to force restart your device by pressing and holding on the power button and volume up key until the device vibrates once.

Then try to follow instructions here to screen mirror and check again: https://helpguide.sony.net/mobile/xperia-1m5/v1/en/contents/wirelessly_mirroring_tv.html

profile.country.GB.title
Mangodan2003
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this last night but couldn't even get anything to play as kept getting the network error messages.

Screenshot_20230705-214847.png

Screenshot_20230705-214838.png

I would have posted this message last night too but was unable to access this site:

Screenshot_20230705-215247.png

 I'll try again tonight 

profile.country.GB.title
Mangodan2003
Explorer

I just decided to try with networking off (mobile data and WiFi).

New error;

Screenshot_20230706-082528.png

Note: this is when trying to play "redeemed" downloaded films, not streaming.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Mangodan2003, does the issue happen with any other app? OR just this one?  Did you manage to connect via screen mirroring? Is the issue happening on the LG Or Sony? Also, what's the model number of the TV? 

You can try clearing cache and data of the app followed by a force restart and try again. 

I have also noticed that the Manual mentions a USB Type-C for the TV connection. I also know that Sony doesn't guarantee third-party accessories. It is worth it to try another cable. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mangodan2003
Explorer

The TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-42W829B - it's about 8 years old so doesn't have USB-C but is otherwise perfectly fine. Screen mirroring works fine for every other app I have tried including playing videos either from YouTube or taken with the camera.

The network error messages that show up only effect Bravia CORE also. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mangodan2003
Explorer

It had got to the point where I was unable to play 65 or "Man called Otto" at all, just got the network error message every time. I cleared cache, deleted data, uninstalled then reinstalled the app and have been able to play 65 again. I have seen the network error message once. It still won't play to the TV via mirror link.

I'll see how it goes with the cable when find some time to watch something else.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Mangodan2003, I would say try another cable, you can also contact the app support, I believe this is their email: support-GB@sonypicturescore.com