Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

Hello, my new xperia 1 ii phone has a different time on the lock screen clock to the home screen clock, sometimes a matter of hours.  Any idea why and how to sync them?  I would be very grateful for any help.  Many thanks.  

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

I also have this problem on my Xperia 1 ii. I am running build 58.1.A.3.87.

As a workaround I have disabled Ambient display (Always-on display). I then have to either double-tap the screen, or press the power button to see the (bright) lock screen.

This means I don't see any of the features of Ambient display, but at least I don't get mislead by seeing the wrong time!

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Can't remember where it is in settings, at the moment, but make sure the network/internet is not set to sleep when the phone is asleep..If it is, it won't update the clock straight away, it'll be updated on the next screen unlock.

The "incorrect" time is usually when your phone last went to sleep.

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Thank you. I've disabled Ambient display.

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Hello, yes, still did not work.  I've had to disable ambient display. Thanks for the suggestion. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did disabling the ambient display solve the issue though ?

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

In my experience it's only the clock on the ambient display that fails to keep time. The clock on the main lock screen does keep the correct time.

I installed build 58.1.A.5.55 today and turned the ambient display back on to see if it was still affected and found that it was - the clock still fails to keep time on the ambient display, so I disabled it again.

Since I have had the ambient displayed disabled I have realised that I don't really have much use for it apart from checking the time, which of course is the thing that is broken. Also, although the ambient display is designed not to use much power, I am seeing a slightly better battery life without it on.

In summary, turning the ambient display off doesn't actually fix the problem, but it does prevent me from seeing an incorrect time.

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Disabling the ambient display is the only way I've found to stop the problem of the ambient time being hours behind the correct time.  Now I have nothing displayed unless I touch the screen.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

Hi!

I had the same issue when I updated the phone to Android 11, but starting from the build 58.1.A.3.87 this bug was fixed.

For me it worked like this: first I cleared cache and storage for the application com.sonymobile.pocketmode2 (you reach it from Settings -> Apps -> 3 dots button -> Show system) and then I set the ambient display to the option "Smart activation".

I did some tests in this scenario, swiping the hand over the proximity sensor and the time was updated correctly.

After that I set up again the option "Show when device is lifted".

Starting from that point the clock from the Ambient display is working fine.

You can try this and see if it works for you.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

@MishoooI followed your instructions and cleared the storage and cache for the com.sonymobile.pocketmode2 app and set the ambient display to "Smart activation".

However, the clock on the ambient display was still not keeping 100% accurate time when I activated it using the proximity sensor. On one or two occasions it did give the correct time, but mostly it was between 1 and 5 minutes slow.

I got the same variable results with the ambient display set to "Show when device is lifted".

Only when I set the Ambient display to "Always on" did it show the correct time throughout.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

@RichardT54  For me your problem seems to be caused by the phone's sleep mode and battery control.

I think that it will help you clearing the cache and storage for the following apps: STAMINA mode, Battery Care and Lock screen settings. Resetting these applications helped me also to solve other issues caused by the sleep mode.