Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

Hello, my new xperia 1 ii phone has a different time on the lock screen clock to the home screen clock, sometimes a matter of hours.  Any idea why and how to sync them?  I would be very grateful for any help.  Many thanks.  

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Floaty77 

try to change the clock widgets. on lockscreen long tap the clock. and on the home screen tap on an empty space and tap on widgets. then restart your device..

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Hello Nolramlb

Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I tried that but it still does the same.  I'm going to wait until lockdown is lifted and take it into the shop I bought it from and ask them to show me.  Best wishes.  Jon 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there , you can try to disable the automatic date & time from the date & time settings on the device and set them manually and test again.

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Thank you for your reply.  I've tried lots of suggestions and none solve the problem.  I do appreciate you giving your time.  I'm going to take it into the shop I bought it from and ask them to reset it when lockdown lifts.  Best wishes, Jon 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

No worries, you're most welcome and good luck :slight_smile:

GaryAms
New

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have the same issue with the clock in ambient mode. It doesn't update and always shows an incorrect time (the time from when the screen was last active).

Thanks,

Gary

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Hello Gary

No I can't find a solution.  I know someone else with the same problem.  I'm having a few other problems with the phone, suddenly stopping incomong and outgoing calls, plus other issues that others have found that suggests design faults of some kind.  I accepted a system update that caused havoc on my phone.  I'm waiting until lockdown lifts to go to a shop and talk to an assistant to try and sort this.  

Best wishes

Jon 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Have you tried to do a factory data reset to your device and check again ?

profile.country.SE.title
Pucco_
Explorer

I have the same problem with my Xperia 5 ii. If I lift my phone without touching any button and the accelerometer is turning on the display in dimmed mode the time is not updated to current time. Just this morning I lifted the phone and the display showed 05:44. After waiting for a while I double tapped on the display and the time was updated to 08:11 and also increased the brightness. This is repeatable but doesn't happen every time.