Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCSA3T9E Replacement Disk Advice

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chiver
Explorer

Vaio VPCSA3T9E Replacement Disk Advice

Hi, 

I'm trying to find a replacement disk for a Vaio laptop. Doesn't appear to be a standard SSD, mSata or Micro SSD from what I can tell. Note the pins in the photo. I have some spare disks, nothing similar. Any advice appreciated.

Product - VPCSA3T9E, Model - PCG-4121DM
Disk Connector - VO30_MP_SSD_1CH1CONN_FPC-240

20200318_155808.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi @chiver @and welcome.

I have the VPCSB SSD Vaio. Should be the same.

These Vaios are fitted with a 1.8” MICRO -SATA SSD (MZRPC128HACD-000SO) which is connected to the Vaio with the microSATA ribbon V030_MP_SSD_1CH1CONN_FPC240.

Something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-Internal-Hard-Drive-Solid-State-Drive-Disk-Min-SATA-1-8-SSD-128GB/...?

You can try to source a bigger micro-SATA SSD but this is not easy and you may have to order from China.

Alternatively, you could try replacing the ribbon with standard SATA ribbon and buy a caddy for the standard SATA SSD. I think you need the FPC239 SATA ribbon. Try part # A1833020A or A1816281A.

Good Luck!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @chiver  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Its probably worth you getting in touch with EET Europarts (Sony's official parts retailer) about this.

Sony Customer Helpline: +44 (0) 333 241 9271

If they don't have one they may be able to suggest somewhere.

Failing that it may be worth checking Ebay for a 2nd hand unit  or even a unit

designated for 'spares and repairs'.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Find this component online:

024-0001-8530-A

profile.country.GB.title
chiver
Explorer

Hi @jumpsuit ,

Thanks for the reply & the welcome. I'll give them a call.

The issue I'm having is I'm not sure what disk would be suitable for this connector, a standard SSD doesn't fit. I'll likely need the part number for the disk, or another suitable connector for a standard SSD.

I'll let you know how I get on.

profile.country.GB.title
chiver
Explorer

Hi @Marino.Manolo ,

That part number is for the connector that I have in the image - 024-0001-8530-A

Do you have the part number for a suitable disk that would fit that connector?

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sorry, I did understand...

I think that you need is this (ODD, Optical Disk Drive):

https://uk.eetgroup.com/i/A1827261A-Sony-ODDPSN-BCQL-9.5-242BFS

Edit: Hard Disk (SSD) and not ODD

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi @chiver @and welcome.

I have the VPCSB SSD Vaio. Should be the same.

These Vaios are fitted with a 1.8” MICRO -SATA SSD (MZRPC128HACD-000SO) which is connected to the Vaio with the microSATA ribbon V030_MP_SSD_1CH1CONN_FPC240.

Something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-Internal-Hard-Drive-Solid-State-Drive-Disk-Min-SATA-1-8-SSD-128GB/...?

You can try to source a bigger micro-SATA SSD but this is not easy and you may have to order from China.

Alternatively, you could try replacing the ribbon with standard SATA ribbon and buy a caddy for the standard SATA SSD. I think you need the FPC239 SATA ribbon. Try part # A1833020A or A1816281A.

Good Luck!!