Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGC-RC202 windows 10 upgrade and graphics/tv card issue

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

Vaio VGC-RC202 windows 10 upgrade and graphics/tv card issue

Just a tip to all that still own and use the RC202. i wanted to see want was needed to get windows 10 running on RC202. upgraded to windows 10 using the upgrade option and ignored warning that graphics card not suitable. I was ready to change it and even lose the digital tv/media player option. i was in for a shock of sorts, the graphics works but of low resolutions, the media player disappeared and so did tv option. i upgraded to a msi GT710 and all my graphics came back for £35. the tv i thought i would play around with it and suddenly got it working by downloading the software from avermedia web site for their AVerTV 3D and its working great. so please have a go. 

Im currently about to try to install a 4 port usb 3.0 card and bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle to try to see if i can stream well to my Amazon Echo. my next project will be to see if i can upgrade the ide/sata 1 drive/s to a SSD. if any of you have any tips its always appreciated which i why i have shared my experiences.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

If you do require any help with your VAIO, Sony still offer support and can be contacted here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

thank you will do if i have complicated issues

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks for the info.

How much RAM can you get to work? This may be the limiting factor.

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

Hi blencogo, not sure what you mean or what you are referring to. I can tell you I have 2gbytes of ram on board and and a geforce gt710 with 2Gbytes. The usb 3.0 fitted fine. And I'm currently testing speeds.