Join now - be part of our community!

IDE/SATA1 to SSD on VAIO VGC RC202

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

IDE/SATA1 to SSD on VAIO VGC RC202

Hi all, I'm having to upgrade my hard drive sooner than expected, Does anyone know if i will have a problem upgrading my current IDE hard drive to a SSD. You can assume that i will have all the correct fittings and cables for the SSD. My VGC RC202 Desktop is SATA1 capable and currently has a SATA2 as a data drive on E drive with no issues.(Windows10) As always all help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

I'd recommend contacting the support team here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

2 days later sony support replied saying that they don't recommend ssd replacement for my HDD and to contact the repair sony centre probably because my warranty is expired. 

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

Hi Sean, went ahead and did it anyways and the speeds are great. Well worth going to ssd. Thought it would make little difference but it did! The same was the issue with upgrading to 4 usb 3.0 via a pci card. It's very noticeable using a external 3.0 usb drive. The bluetooth 4.0 has got rid of drop outs when playing music to my echo speaker.  I think that will probably be the end of my upgrades unless I can change the motherboard which looks a bigger job!