Join now - be part of our community!

Sonic Stage won't connect my Vaio???

AgentSmith
Visitor

Sonic Stage won't connect my Vaio???

Hi All.

I recently purchased the Vaio Pocket and have found it great. I Have had a few problems with the software needed to transfer audio files.

My first problem was when I tryed to get SonicStage to import my Music folder, either it would crash part way through scanning the dir or lockup and need terminating.

I tryed to uninstall and reinstall to see if this would rectify the problem but the same thing would happen. I found myself doing a system restore and try to install it again but that has led to another problem.

My main problem now is that when I start SonicStage and try to access my Vaio it comes up with the message "The ATRAC audio device cannot be used with this version of SonicStage". I havn't changed anything interms of software or device change. The only thing I have done is to reinstall it.

Can anyone help as this is driving me crazy not being able to transfer anything. :cry:

Specs:
Win XP - SP2
Firmware 3.0.0.C171F
SonicStage 2.3.00 (11020)

12 REPLIES 12
Psaila
Visitor

I'm pleased , and thank you for adding how you solved the problem at your End . It will help others I¿m Sure .

Its hard to tell people that it works and works well , Yes I still have a few thing I need to work on, I'm getting It set Just How I like It , And to be Honest I can . It Will do as I need and ask . I hope further development will bring stunning new update and use's for The Stunning VAIO Pocket .

Mine had very little trouble setting itself after the Connect link was made , Seems Sony wish only Sony and safe copyrighted music and material to be used on the VAIO Pocket . All well and good As long as is competitive . Would just be nice to store other media files Also , legal of course . But I¿m sure Update¿s will come in time .

For A total novice , this must be mind bending to say the least . What would be so wrong of Sony to included A Demo DVD. Show how Item¿s should be stored , used ,filed and removed , Goodness Sony
You Own more Disk¿s Than God , why not use them .

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

where did you download your original ss update from then? i got mine from here http://www.vaio-link.com/vaiopocket/firmware/firmware.asp?l=en and it has a very obscure naming system

AgentSmith
Visitor

I havn't got the links anymore but the files I tryed were named:

SonicStage_Ver2_3_Update_Program.exe (37.165mb)
SOASST-00892300-UN_ENG.exe (37.167mb)
SonicStageInstaller.exe (571kb)

the only one that worked was:

sonicstageinstaller.exe (671kb)