Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-FR215S CD writing problem and DVD reading problem

peter77
Visitor

PCG-FR215S CD writing problem and DVD reading problem

My laptop (pcg-fr215s) takes a long time to read DVD's and sometimes won't read them.
The orange light on the CD tray will flash then will stay on if it can't read the DVD.
It can't write to CD-RW's at all.
CD-Rs that it writes to take a ling time to read on cd/dvd players and the laptop itself.
It has no problem reading CD-Rs I had previously writen on the laptop and other CD-Roms.

I have used the 'Toshiba SD-R6012 (1S34)' update from the download section.

I have recently updated to XP SP2 and my Hard drivers were optimized yesterday.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

So, the reader cannot read DVDs but can read CDs? Correct?
I would have this checked out by Sony.

peter77
Visitor

Their E-support is fast as useual!
I'm going to talk to them about the problem on the phone support line but I'm not sending the laptop in until after christmas!

moondog
Visitor

Hello peter77,

I've just logged in as a new user and I've just written almost the same problem down on the users list.

I've got a pioneer dvd -combo but it almost seems that it doesn't matter which type of burner you use. So what could probably cause these problems and is there any solution at all??

luccas
Visitor

the stange thing about it is it wont read any dvd at all including my own recordings i did on this laptop from my camcorder but it will read the vaio back up disc and thats a dvd

kee-lo_

the stange thing about it is it wont read any dvd at all including my own recordings i did on this laptop from my camcorder but it will read the vaio back up disc and thats a dvd

That's more to do with the grade of the media.

luccas
Visitor

i think the problem is xp sp2 download as a few other people have the same problem with their dvd rw drives i wonder if sony are aware of this

kee-lo_

Yeah I have noticed this too...

nabilxp
Visitor

hi gays i have the same probleme;
have you solve it???
what can i do??:smileycry: