Join now - be part of our community!

keyboard not working after a windows 10 update

profile.country.GB.title
evimono
New

keyboard not working after a windows 10 update

Hey,

I have a sony vaio laptop (VPCCA3C5E) which after an update of windows (10) has stopped working. I tried several things I found on the net. Removing the battery and pressing continuasly the start button, going trhough device manager and uninstalling the keyboard (which according to the system works fine), resetting the whole computer (which made it faster indeed) but no change. Keyboard is not working. None of the buttons with the exception of start (assist, vaio, web also not working). Any ideas? Could it be that it is a hardware problem?

Thanks!

Evi

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Evi, 

How frustrating. I could not find any info about this specific issue on the Support page of your VAIO, although there are several posts regarding Windows 10 in general here. There's also a section about troubleshooting keyboard issues here that might be of help.

Have you sent a message to Sony Support yet, to ask if they are aware of these issues? You can use this contact form.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
evimono
New

Hi Arthur,

thank you for your suggestions! I  have contacted sony and i am waiting for their reply. In the meantime I restored windows 7 but with no luck. Let's see. A short term solution is given by connecting an external keyboard (transforming the laptop to a desktop :slight_smile: )

thanks again!

Evi

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome, Evi. I hope Support will be able to help you further. Best of luck with it!

hi

i came accross your post about not being able to pair your keyboard with your laptop, i have the same issue with any vaio laptop and the VGP-VKB1 keyboard, until last year (dec. 2018) i was able to use it, but since a windows 10 update it no longer works

it's discoverable on bluetooth but it doesn't let me enter the pairing code

I tried the VGP-BKB1 keyboard also with a MacBook Pro and it's the same, it's discovered but doesn't let me enter the pairing code

although i have another bluetooth keyboard, the SGPWKB1, this one works perfect

if you happen to have your problem solved i'd really appreciate it if you could help me with this

best regards