Join now - be part of our community!

Cleaning The Fan

johnpgreenan
Visitor

Cleaning The Fan

Ok, I've had my GRT786m for about 18months. I've noticed some excessive fan noise....so I reckon I need to do a spring clean!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have seen it here before........but alas no search!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
feederfan
Visitor

You need a can of compressed air, that should do the job. Or you could try putting a vacum cleaner over the fan while the laptop is off and turning the vacum cleaner on, but remember, dont put the hose fully over the fan, or you may damage the it! This should remove the dust!

Psaila
Visitor

Ok, I've had my GRT786m for about 18months. I've noticed some excessive fan noise....so I reckon I need to do a spring clean!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have seen it here before........but alas no search!

Thanks

CLUB VAIO SEARCH NOT YET SHOWN ON THE HOME PAGE MAY BE OPENED VIA THIS . "Free LInk "

* "Happy New Year to all are other Readers "*

johnpgreenan
Visitor

Yeah ok........I'm not a noob.......don't flame me....it would be helpful if you could point me in the right direction of the search function as it's not particularly clear....I've looked at your URL link and still can't find it from navigating from the Home page.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong!

Psaila
Visitor

I'm sorry I offended you , Sony only relesed the search on the last few days before Xmas , The Link has not yet been add to the home page .

I will put in an new Link in a more company minded manner ,

I did the search For You Sir ,

The Result