Join now - be part of our community!

I have a Sony Handycam DVD 101e and it won't connect with my Windows 7 Laptop ... any suggestions?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Courtgate
Visitor

I have a Sony Handycam DVD 101e and it won't connect with my Windows 7 Laptop ... any suggestions?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony gave notice that support for these legacy camcorders would finish with the release of Windows Vista 3 years ago.

When you connect the DVD101E by USB does it appear as a removable disc drive in 'Computer'?  If it does then you may be able to copy data to the hard drive of your computer and edit it from there.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bluescenes
Visitor

hi, i have the same problem. an error code(0xc0000005) is showing up when i try to open the IMPORT MEDIA FILE by sony

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony gave notice that support for these legacy camcorders would finish with the release of Windows Vista 3 years ago.

When you connect the DVD101E by USB does it appear as a removable disc drive in 'Computer'?  If it does then you may be able to copy data to the hard drive of your computer and edit it from there.

:thinking:

bluescenes
Visitor

thanks blencogo, only that when i connect the camcordre to the pc, the drive shows but a caption from windows pops up asking me to format the drive. no data is visible...................