Join now - be part of our community!

KD-32W800 Android keeps losing channels

profile.country.GB.title
chel2024
Explorer

KD-32W800 Android keeps losing channels

I have had Sony Bravia TVs for years, I still own 3 larger HD TVs. I bought this as a replacement for my kitchen recently and it’s been nothing but bother. It constantly loses channels so needs to be retuned, and then it won’t pick up some of the basic channels. I have never had this problem before but then I have never had a Sony Bravia with an ‘Android TV’ label on it.

Any thoughts what is wrong and what I can do please? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey @chel2024, can you confirm the model number of the TV, you can follow this to get it: Where to find the model name and serial number?

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

The TV model number is in the first post!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
chel2024
Explorer

KD-32W800

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

I'd suggest that you retune once without the aerial being connected and then once more with the aerial to refresh the tuner

profile.country.GB.title
riccooke
New

Did you have any joy with the suggestion of retuning without aerial??    Then again to refresh tuner??

I bought this TV for my elderly mum and the bbc channels keep disappearing so it's really frustrating for her as she lives alone and can't deal with this on her own.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@riccooke 

My LG TV kept doing this, and I traced this to Programme List Update being On in the Programming section. This setting is supposed to detect when the Programme Map has changed, and retune accordingly, but if there is a momentary break in the aerial signal, it retunes to nothing, and then doesn’t retune again when the signal comes back.

So I have turned it off; this means that when the Programme Map actually changes, I have to retune manually to get it up to date again. But this usually isn’t that important, as the channels we most use, especially the major broadcasters, usually never change.

So she could probably leave it, might not even notice anything changed, until your next visit, when you could retune it for her.

Have a look to see if there is anything similar to this on the KD-32W800 that you could change in the same way. I’m thinking this:-

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/iaepm1/v1/en/2_2_4_1_automatic_channel_update.html

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…