Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 plus turns off at 50% battery

aripel
Visitor

Xperia Z3 plus turns off at 50% battery

I own the phone for more than a year and I have a problem

I have 50% of battery and the phone turns off and tells me that battery is dead..I plug the charger it shows me that I have 55%
What is wrong?
Should the battery be changed?

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
Emir1
Hero

@aripel That specific error means that the Sony Mobile Update Engine login failed to communicate with a remote server. Check proxy settings in the Xperia Companion preferences and make sure the computer is connected to the internet, and try again later. In addition, try to see if you can try a different computer/network and make sure that there's nothing in the network which restricts Xperia Companion.

Davew1
Visitor

I've been having a similar problem. It has happened a number of times when my battery has been between 30 and 50%. It will power down giving me an out of power message and if I reboot the battery indicator will show 30-50% before immediately showing empty and powering down again. Even a short connection to a power source seems to reset the problem and I can use the phone normally until it gets down to sub-10% when it drains quickly again. This does not happen everytime it reaches this level and may be related to the final 15-20% of power disappearing very quickly. 

I have tried using PC companion to repair the software but the problem is still there, it prevented me calling my spouse following an emergency on Sunday and is very dangerous. I will be returning the phone to you for a warranty repair

Emir1
Hero

Hi @Davew1, very sorry about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Yes I agree with that decision, the best course of action in your case would be to get in touch with your Local support so that they can assist you in sending it in for servicing.

Nil2324
Visitor

I am having the same problem phn is getting switched of ta 50% - 60%- 70% not telling what should i do now???

About2snapmyxpe
Visitor

How can you sell a phone that turns it self off at 60/70% battery life? Pathetic product

GeneralSwain
Visitor

i have same problem. and my battery drain so fast,max usage is 1 hour active time and at 50% it shut down to 0%

GLea
Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you (or anyone of you) solve with replacing battery?

- I did factory reset.

- I used the repair software but still turns off. 

- I checked the healt battery by the service menu, it said that the battery is ok Slightly_frowning_Face 

The phone does not turn off while it is charging. When I disconnect the phone, after a few minutes it turns off, low battery. I connect it and the battery returns to the previous percentage. And so on, when it is not under charge it cannot be used.

I would like to know if changing the battery can solve the problem.

Thank you

GLea
Visitor

Hello guys, anybody knows? Pensive_Face

antonio_ilic
Visitor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.

Even with a percentage of around 100%, if unplugged into a charger and after a high usage with some apps, the smartphone shuts down showing that the battery is totally drained. After pulling it into a charger, the battery is at the previous point, far from 0%.

I have tried a reset with Xperia Companion but without any results.

I am really disappointed...

Nic91
Visitor

This is happening to me now, I've had the phone for years, I've reset the device. It's clearly happened to a lot of people, are there any plans to recall the devices? Or at least offer a patch. The software is malfunctioning in a way that makes the phone unreliable and unusable.