Join now - be part of our community!

Users Experience with Fingerprint log in

SOLVED
xznewbie
Contributor

Users Experience with Fingerprint log in

Hello guys, until now I am reluctant to use log in my Xz with fingerprint as it's buggy in my brief experience specially that my unit is enclosed in black flip case. I am still using the tried and tested 4 numbers log in. How about the rest of Xperia xz users what can you say about it. Did you find it easy to use..? Do you recommend or discourage it to fellow xz users.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunking1011
Contributor

I use the XZ with Sony's flip case. I open the case lid, touch the fingerprint scanner and my phone is instantly unlocked. If you have lag then perform a software repair or reinstallation. If your fingerprint just fails to register then make sure you have recorded 8 prints in different positions.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
halogenic_sky
Visitor

I couldn't recommend it more to be honest, really well implemented......
Jonas
Master

Hi @trashcan,

I would recommend using the finger print feature. It's very easy to use and is also extremely handy. No more having to type in a PIN, pattern or password to unlock the phone every time I need to check something real quick.

Worst case scenario you always have a backup screen lock to use if your hands are for example dirty and it's hard for the phone to read your finger print.

I hope that answers your questions, if not let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face

Sunking1011
Contributor

Mine works every single time...
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Mine is superb, best phone print reader for reliability and speed by far
JimmyT85
Visitor

I've not had a problem with the fingerprint reader, been flawless so far

Xzs
Visitor

After nougat update, the fingerprintscanner has started to lag alot.. It can take up to 2 sec before the screen lights up 👎 It use to be very fast with marshmallows.
xznewbie
Contributor

I appreciate all your comments guys . But did anybody experience using XZ with a case or flip book cover where there is a noticeable lag in response.with fingerprint scanner. I also corroborate that response with nougat update. . This is my concern why I abandoned it in favor of the PIN..
Sunking1011
Contributor

I use the XZ with Sony's flip case. I open the case lid, touch the fingerprint scanner and my phone is instantly unlocked. If you have lag then perform a software repair or reinstallation. If your fingerprint just fails to register then make sure you have recorded 8 prints in different positions.
Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to see that most of you are very happy with the finger print feature and that is working great! Slightly_smiling_Face

@Xzs, Does this happen every time you unlock the phone? I would recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode and see if you experience the same behaviour here.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face