Join now - be part of our community!

Snapchat video recording with 5 axis stabilizer?

Ryan96
Visitor

Snapchat video recording with 5 axis stabilizer?

Is 5 axis stabilizer activated in Snapchat video recording?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello @Ryan96 and welcome to the forum! Slightly_smiling_Face

Based on the information I have the 5-axis stabilization is active while using the preinstalled camera application. I'll see if I can get some confirmation on whether it is active in other apps or not, I will get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Do note that Snapchat is a third party application so I can not guarantee compatibility I'm afraid.

Let me know if there's anything else.

azzido
Enthusiast

@Ryan96, please do not bother 5-axis video stabilizer much

First of all it works in 1080p 30fps mode only and also for the very close objects (as highlighted on some of Sony's video presentations). In all other cases, only 3-axis stabilizer is used (means in 99% of cases).

Please consider it rather as a marketing only. 

Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello again @Ryan96!

I just wanted to keep you updated on the process here. I'm afraid I haven't received any further information regarding if the 5-axis stabilizer works with third party video recorders as well.

I'm sorry for the time this is taking, I'll try to speed up this as much as I can.

Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello again @Ryan96,

I've received some more information about this now, I'm sorry it took so long.

The 5-axis image stabilisation feature for recording videos does not have an interface for other apps, such as Snapchat or Instagram. The feature is designed to work only with the Sony Camera application.

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about!