Join now - be part of our community!

Screen mirroring to Windows 10

Wishmaster
Visitor

Screen mirroring to Windows 10

Hi,
I noticed that after mirroring XZ to Windows 10 device using "Connect to" app added with Anniversary update I can't display anything apart from home screen, music app or settings everything due to HDCP not supported by Windows app.
I understand that Sony is very strict when it comes to media protection which is admirable but do you think you could add this exception in handling HDCP certification in your next update? It limits the way you can use it.
One more thing, more of a suggestion than anything else but do you think you could improve xperia link for PC and add similar screen mirroring functionality along with the ability to control the device using PC's mouse and keyboard? That would almost mimick the Continuum found on Windows 10 mobile devices.
I know that you're already supporting something like this on your tablets but it would be a great extension for those that are still using Sony Vaio PC's.
2 REPLIES 2
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

There's work arounds. The end effect is being able to capture hdmi from a cable tv set top box bypassing the hdcp. Any device to, from and gaming consoles.
Search hard on the interwebs, you will find something.
Wishmaster
Visitor

That's not the point, screen mirroring works like a charm with Microsoft Wireless Display Dongle v2 (read that it wasn't the case at the beginning due to HDCP but Sony made it work) but it doesn't with screen mirroring realized by Windows 10 Anniversary app and after some research it seems that Sony is one of the few that doesn't fully work with it.
It should be only a matter of adding an exception but it's out of our hands.