Join now - be part of our community!

Problem of equalizer setting

Kobyeongjin
Visitor

Problem of equalizer setting

I found the problem of equlizer setting on the basic music app. (Android version 7.0.0) When hading over a song automatically, the free set equalizer doesn't be applied. I already tried to do many things to fix this problem such as reinstalling the app and intialization of the phone. However, it didin't work. Has anyone experience this problem like me?

11 REPLIES 11
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Kobyeongjin, sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do I understand you correctly in that you mean that while playing a song in the Music app, and letting it fade in to a different track automatically that the Equalizer settings don't apply to the second track?

For example, you go to Settings > Sound > Audio settings > Sound effects > Equaliser and set it to for example 2,5k (+10),
Then you play a track and you hear the 2,5k range being set to +10, but as soon as it finishes and the next track in the list is played, you don't hear the 2,5k frequency being set to +10? 

If so, then I can't replicate that. The Equaliser settings are constant throughout all the tracks playing in the Music app, I tried a few different Xperia XZ devices.

If I misunderstood you, please clarify what you mean and I'll do my best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

My XZ has no issue with the equaliser in the music app.
3Rd party apps however need the developers to include support for the system music fx for it to work.
Kobyeongjin
Visitor

Yes! You understand corretly.

If I use another setting like DSEE HX or ClearAudio+, it works. However, only the free set equalizer doesn't be applied.

And, please be informed that I mentioned "automatically". The free set equalizer is constantly applied if I play the second

soundtrack "manually".

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Hi res to normal mp3
Hi res to hi res
Mp3 to mp3?
Emir1
Hero

Thank you for clarifying! Could you also let me and viridis know what kind of file types it is that you're playing back that you experience this with? For example, do you play an MP3 which transitions in to a different MP3? Where are the files stored, internally or on an SD card?

Kobyeongjin
Visitor

Sure. It was FLAC to FLAC and stored in SD card. But, please be advised that I experienced the same situation when the soundtrack was stored internally.

Emir1
Hero

I tried playing a FLAC file and letting it automatically shuffle to a different FLAC, but the equalizer kept its settings on both the Internal- and SD card storage. 

Have you tried to see if you experience the same behaviour using two MP3 files, both on the SD card as well as internally? 

Kobyeongjin
Visitor

I'vd been to Sony service center in Korea, but they said that they also had no idea about solution of this problem. To figure out cause of the problem, I've tried to do the same thing on MP3 files and the other FLAC files, found that MP3 and FLAC that HR is refleced on the basic music app have no problem. It means that the problem appears when playing FLAC files which bits are lower than 24 bits. I hope that this information would be useful for you.

Best regards,

Emir1
Hero

Was the service center able to replicate it? I would like to forward this internally for investigation, could you therefore provide me with some information in a PM?

The information I'd like is the following:
Device model:
IMEI (Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI information):
Software version (Settings > About phone > Version):
Music app version (Settings > Apps > Music):
How to replicate what you're experiencing:

Let me know the details above in PM and I'll forward it for investigation! Slightly_smiling_Face