Join now - be part of our community!

No SIM emergency calls only when the phone is idle in my pocket

DianLandman
Visitor

No SIM emergency calls only when the phone is idle in my pocket

Morning guys. My Sony started this problem from 09/03. If i dont use it and its just in my pocket after a few minutes when i take it out again or wasnt used for a bit then it says no sim emergency calls only and i have to reboot the phone. How can i solve this problem? Seems as long as im using the phone the sim continues to work but the first bit of inactivity it does the above. Please help.
Regards
Dian Landman

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@DianLandman

how old is the SIM card?

Jonas
Master

Hi @DianLandman, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Since you know specifically when this behaviour started to occur, do you remember if you installed a new application or updated your phone just prior to this?

This may be caused by a defect or broken SIM card just like @uliwooly pointed out.

There is a few things that you can try.

First of all, I would recommend that you restart your phone in safe mode and see if you experience the same behaviour when third party applications aren't loaded.

In addition to rebooting the phone to safe mode, if you have another SIM card that you can try in your phone, preferably from another service provider that would be great.

By doing this we can rule out that the network is the cause of the phone losing it's connection to your service providers network. I understand that you may not have another SIM card at hand, but hopefully one of your friends, colleagues or family members can borrow you theirs!

Let us know how it goes!

DianLandman
Visitor

Sim card is only a few months old
DianLandman
Visitor

Jist after that the phone said there is an update pending regarding mobile connections. When i selected that it was the app "whats new" that wanted to update. After this update the problem hasnt occurred again. Lets hope for the best
Jonas
Master

Thanks for the swift reply!

I'm happy to hear that it's working as it should once again! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if you experience the same behaviour again and I will do my best to assist you!

Have a great weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face

DianLandman
Visitor

Unfortunately this only lasted for the day and im back to square one. What will the next step be because i cant run my business like this
Jonas
Master

Hi again!

Sorry to hear that you experience the same behaviour again. Slightly_frowning_Face

Was there any change when you had the phone rebooted in safe mode or if you have had the opportunity to try with a different SIM card in your phone? Since it was solved by an update the last time I'm not sure how much of the troubleshooting you had the chance to try.

Keep me posted!