Join now - be part of our community!

New at Xperia: misc questions/problems with XZ

binarydog
Visitor

New at Xperia: misc questions/problems with XZ

Hi @ all,

Since the performance on the iPhone is no longer compatible with the price and for professional interest, I have switched to Android with an Xperia XZ (at least temporarily). A very nice phone! It is waterproof and the camera is really not bad. The handling with Android (7.0 installed) is very similar to iOS and does not present a problem. However, the system is not as smooth as the iPhone. Do not worry.

After about three weeks I have some problems to report:

- Automatic screen rotation sometimes does not work. I have to reset it and then it work again. We call them "peutetreli" from the french word for "maybe"...

- Bluetooth 1: When I listen music with the external Bluetooth speaker and there is a message on the Xperia, the sound of the speaker immediately stops.

- Bluetooth 2: I always have problems connecting to the car (Ford Sync). "Peutetreli" too...

- Fingerprint 1: The sensor is much too fast. If I take the Xperia out of my pocket and grab them with the fingers, it can be unlocked immediately. Apple had this problem too and have this fixed.

- Fingerprint 2: I've registered both pointing fingers. But I can unlock the phone with the back of the fingertip from the middle finger too. This is very, very bad!

- Double tap to wake not working properly. "Peutetreli" too...

- If I have a notification on the screen, I can not unlock the phone. I must close this message first.

- Charging: I have bought a SonyMobile UCH-12W QuickCharger. In exactly one hour the mobile phone was charged 65%. This is a charging current of less than 2Ah. The output power should be 2.7 Ah.
http://www.sonymobile.com/ch-en/products/accessories/quick-charger-uch12w/specifications/

- The fingerprint, the volume controls and the photo button on the side of the phone are much too sensitive. When the phone is gripped, they are pressed. Can I disable the buttons?

I can not believe that these things really do not work properly in such a device and assume that there are beginner's errors.

Thanks and sorry about my English ...

Regards, Matts

2 REPLIES 2
binarydog
Visitor

My Xperia is suddenly only charged with the original cable, which is connected directly to the USB of the computer. It is no longer charged with the UCH-12W QuickCharger and the original cable. In my car with third-party cable also not. The charge was about 50%. I have the device restarted and plugged in and out several times. Tryed with stamina switched off and on. Battery management too. Nothing has changed anything...

What can be the reason?

Xperia XZ, Android 7

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

Try downloading "xperia companion" from Sony Mobile website and do the software repair of your device and see if that helps.