Join now - be part of our community!

Moving apps from Sd card (xperia Z3) to internal memory Xperia XZ

Grock
Visitor

Moving apps from Sd card (xperia Z3) to internal memory Xperia XZ

Hi, I had an xperia Z3 wich i replace for an Xperia XZ because the screen broke once and again and I had to replace it 3 times.

I tought that I could simply insert my sd card and use my apps, but the XZ doesn't acknowlegde any of the apps in the sd card.

Since my old Z3 doesn't work I cant transfer the apps by any program, from one cell to the other, I wonder if there's any way I can recover them from my sd card and not have to install all of them all over again from the playstore.

Thank's in advance for any help

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Grock

That's how android handle apps on the SD card, you will have to re-download them from the playstore, even when you transfer your apps from one phone to another, you are actually re-downloading the apps. 

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Grock,

Welcome to the community.

Just to add to what @uliwooly said, when you store app data on the SD card, you are not storing the whole app there. Some of the data has to remain on the internal storage in order for the app to even load. This is why you cannot transfer the apps using the SD card. You will need to re-download the app.

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

Hi

When I have devices that I sync with Google, it's faster to manage everything for a new install on a PC, because you can push Apps on to the device from Google Play and Account Administration. Faster for Contact management too.

This will also let you manage your uninstalled apps much better as you can remove them from your history.