Join now - be part of our community!

Is Xperia XZ able to work with PHA-3?

SOLVED
Retme
Visitor

Is Xperia XZ able to work with PHA-3?

Hello,

I have a Xperia XZ and Sony PHA-3, is Xperia XZ able to work with Sony PHA-3 ?

First of all, my PHA-3 works well with my Sony NW-ZX1 walkman,iPhone,Macbook,etc.

When I connect Xperia XZ to PHA-3 via a USB Type C cable, XZ can detect the USB device. But when I play music by using XZ's offical music APP, XZ cannot output audio to PHA-3 ...

Is PHA-3 supported by XZ?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retme
Visitor

Hi nolramlb,

Thank you for your reply.

My problem has been solved, acctually I shouldn't use a normal USB type C cable.

The guied book of PHA-3 says that it has a specific cable for Xperia (which is a micro usb cable). So I try to use this cabel with a "micro usb to type c adapter" to connect  PHA-3 and Xperia XZ.

It's working this time.

Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

I cant seem to find detailed specs for your PHA-3.. but here's some tech specs for XZ http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Need-more-Tech-Specs-Xperia-Whitepapers/m-p/1176218#M1803

if we could just see that both devices are compatible. that would solve the question

have you tried using other USB type C cable?

Retme
Visitor

Hi nolramlb,

Thank you for your reply.

My problem has been solved, acctually I shouldn't use a normal USB type C cable.

The guied book of PHA-3 says that it has a specific cable for Xperia (which is a micro usb cable). So I try to use this cabel with a "micro usb to type c adapter" to connect  PHA-3 and Xperia XZ.

It's working this time.

Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@Retme, glad you'd sorted out your problem,. enjoy your new Xperia XZ