Join now - be part of our community!

Auto brightness goes too dim when ambient light is low

Sunking1011
Contributor

Auto brightness goes too dim when ambient light is low

In the pitch black of night I find that the auto brightness on minimum is fine but sadly in low light conditions the auto brightness also defaults to minimum and the screen is just too dark.

Is there any way to calibrate the auto brightness so that the minimum setting isn't zero? Unless I'm in either a very bright situation or a pitch black one, my screen is way too dim.
19 REPLIES 19
Liamg91
Visitor

Still experiencing the problem in safe mode also
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Liamg91

You will have to give us more info on the issue, you can also repair the phone with XC and report back.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I agree with above info, repair in Xperia companion imho
Liamg91
Visitor

Thanks I'll give it a try
herasymcuk
Visitor

it's a known iussue. there are many topics about it. I have this problem too sometime. The brightness bar moves alone up and down continuosly...but in some occasion only...i don't understand why...

Sunking1011
Contributor

It happens to me occasionally too, mainly in dim light.
Liamg91
Visitor

Tried Xperia companion to do software repair, it didn't fix it. So I took the phone back to the shop and got an exchange for a new one. The exact same thing is happening with the new phone so I'm guessing it's some kind of software issue?
Sunking1011
Contributor

It's more than likely a software issue but it could be a hardware fault that affects all of us. It's the same with the faulty double tap to wake, is that a software issue or hardware? Again probably software but Sony certainly aren't patching it are they.
herasymcuk
Visitor

it may be software or hw iussue. hope sony will solve it with a new fw if it is cause of the sw.

Xzs
Visitor

Same problem here. Started with nougat.