Join now - be part of our community!

XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

SOLVED
DasBymas
Visitor

XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

My G3226 XA1 Ultra began experiencing massive battery drain literally overnight several months ago. There was no change in settings or new apps installed, the phone just stopped holding a charge. Battery will show 100% on standby but after fifteen to twenty minutes the phone will have turned off due to low battery. When the phone is restarted it will show 1% charge remaining and charge extremely slowly back up to 100%. At the time I assumed it was the battery and replaced it only to experience the exact same issue with the new battery. I then tried the software repair function in the Xperia companion with no results. If I disconnect the battery after it dies and reconnect it, the battery life shows 95% or so and then begins to rapidly drain again which leads me to believe that this is a software issue and not a battery issue. Over the last few months I've tried the software repair function several times and always no change. The phone is currently at 48.1.A.2.73. Fully charged battery life shows 2 hours remaining and only 4 hours, 46 minutes if switched to Ultra Stamina mode. The phone doesn't show any power consuming apps as it is always in standby with the screen off.

I would appreciate any help you can give   Thanks. 

26 REPLIES 26
superdupercoope
Visitor

XA1 (g3121) but very similar experience to others here.

Phone is about a year old.  Started going from 50% to 0% instantly and taking a very long time to recharge, staying at 0% for a long time. I replaced the battery, similar behaviour. See battery screenshot... now a brief step at 25% and plateaus at 50%.

Service menu reports battery is OK.

No abnormal heat. Screenshot_20191103-072940.png

DasBymas
Visitor

Based on all the posts, the trend appears to be that the issue appears shortly after a software update from Sony. Given that Sony has been ignoring posts here as well as emails regarding the issue, I would guess that this is a case of planned obsolescence, whereby Sony is "encouraging" users to buy a newer Xperia. 

Regardless, I moved to a Pixel after Sony wouldn't assist with my Xperia problem and I haven't looked back since.

Hu_U
Visitor

Too bad that Sony does not acknowlegde or respond. I switch to LG.

Flarup1
Visitor

Anybody else had luck with a factory reset?

DanteSpar19
Visitor

I use g3223 model, try this ->  on app and notifications - click app info - click the icon on top right side corner - click show system then find the app that says autopoweroffservice then disable it.

Jock86
Visitor

Hi,

I have tried the factory reset and disabling the autospowersave option within apps but had no success.I now have an old experia 2 which ive had for years has been running as my back up.

I am furious that sony would such a thing with regards to the X1A ultra. They have lost my custom going forward.

Same issue here. Im 100% sure that Sony planned the phones like this. From one day to another the phone cant handle the battery. Not even a new one. So disappointed. I bought a new phone. Not Sony.