Join now - be part of our community!

Emails sent from IMAP account don't arrive at their destination

profile.country.BE.title
Karl.Uyttenhove
New

Emails sent from IMAP account don't arrive at their destination

Emails sent from my IMAP email account with Sony's email application v. 15.0.A.1.24 on my Xperia XZ Premium model G8141 don't always arrive at their destination. The weird thing about this being that the e-mails appear in the Sent E-mail folder. I don't receive any error message, or any notification form an email server somewhere telling me the emails to be undeliverable for some reason.

Emails sent with the same application but from a non IMAP account (e.g. outlook, gmail) do arrive at their respective recipients. Emails sent from the same IMAP account but either with a Windows 10 device or with a non Sony email application on my Xperia (Gmail, Outlook for Android, ...) also arrive at their recipients.

The problem doesn't always occur. It doesn't occur at all when the Xperia is booted in the Safe mode.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

If safe mode is OK then there must be some app interfering somewhere.

As it is hard to find out which app is causing the trouble the best way to solve it is a software reset of your device.

After that do not restore the complete backup as it probably will restore the misfit as well.

Just reinstall the most necessary apps and your device will be fine and run more smoothly as well.

profile.country.BE.title
Karl.Uyttenhove
New

Thank you very much for your kind reaction and proposed solution