Open ES file Explorer

Go to / Device

Go to System (Open folder)

Go to app (open folder)

Find netflix-ninja-release.apk

Select to execute

Select Install

If a message says you cannot install go to Allow Uknown sources and select On

This will give you a message of Update for Netflix.

Just do it and installation will start.

Then everything will work again.

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

There must be a great problem worldwide:

http://downdetector.com/status/netflix

Something to do with DNS security reasons affecting providers.

I don't know if setting DNS to Google's and not provider's can help some people :

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#configure_your_network_settings_to_use_goo...

If this makes Netflix to work again, then try to go back to your provider's DNS to avoid other issues.

In the past I had an issue with my old Belkin Router modem when used my provider's DNS. Everything Google, suddenly stopped working for several minutes. I could sometimes use e.g. Google Japan or South Africa but could not use my country's Google. Change the DNS to Google's and this worked with no problem. My new TP-LINK VR900 does not have this issue and is using my provider's DNS.

Use what I said with caution because other serious problems may occur..

My best suggestion is to perform an OFFLINE factory reset

isdvsbl
Explorer

Netflix not working for me for my Sony KD 49X8305C. I am getting ui-800-03 error message. I have BT home hub 3. I have tried clearing the Netflix app cache and data. Also tried resetting the home hub 3 router. Have tried powering off tv. Turned BT protect and parent controls off. No joy.

I am able to connect to Netflix using a PC both wireless and wired through the router - only the TV is causing an issue

I am able to connect Sony TV to Netflix if  I set my mobile as a data hotspot. However, as soon as I revert to my home broadband get the error message.

So issue is definitely a combination of the TV and my broadband.

The problem started on 12th April 2016. I had been using succesfully for 5 months prior to this.

Help !

isdvsbl
Explorer

Did the factory reset work ? I have same issue.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

What I suggested before is this:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/84346

This is a little bit different for Android TV.

To see DNS options you must enable Static IP instead of DHCP.

I am not sure but I think it is a little bit risky playing with Google DNS because Netflix in EU gets confused with USA servers !!!! ????

sishbi
Explorer

No the factory reset did not work (and was quite annoying having to configure everything again).

so I think I have exhausted everything.

I'm now going to contact Sony support to see if they have any ideas

Ironduke
New

I have switched off wireless router, then connected Sony Tv to Wifi 4g hotspot on my Iphone.  Then logged into netflix with no issues.  Then removed all other wireless remebered wifi points, factory reset my router.  Then signed out of netflix, then turned back on router and conneted TV to router.  Then logged into Netflix with no further issues.

Seems to work now

mustafahashim
Explorer

I tried that but it didn't work for me.

I tried everything so far but still having the problem.

My tv is KD-55X85009C and I'm connecting to Internet via BT hub 5 infinity1 40 MBPS.

I noticed the problem after the recent sony update rolled out on 12th April.

Before hand I used to stream 4K content without a glitch.

Since the update I couldn't connect and keep in getting error ui-800-3

On checking the network it seem like it connects fine to netflix server 1. But not to netflix server 2 and 3 (error nw-2-5). And Internet connection to the tv is fine, other programs on tv are working with no problem (Kodi working fine).

I tried different solutions, switching off the tv from electricity and same for router, tried reinstalling the netflix app via es file explorer. Tried the last solution, connecting my tv via AP using my phone, at this point the netflix connected ad I was able to sign out, Then resettled my modem and when reconnected the tv via the BT modem the problem is back again.

I turned off family protection and BT proteCT but again that did not solve the problem.

Worth mentioning that the iPad and the phone are both connecting to netflix via the same router with no problem.

I don't seem to understand the root of the problem but it seem to happen only when connecting the sony tv via the bt router !!

I phoned netflix help center and they referred me to sony, they say it is a sony problem. I tried calling sony but they only work Monday to Friday !! So I emailed them and waiting for solution !.

I hope someone finds a solution for this problem because it is unfair  not to be able to use netflix via my tv.

Thanks everyone 

Kind regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

It seems Sony has updated its support article since last time i view it.  see:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/131513/kw/

It appears it is still a problem for some people.  I will contact Sony for more information and post back when i do.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sounder52
Explorer

I have a KD-49X8305C and BT HomeHub 5,  I had been getting the UI-800-3 error on Netflix and solved it as follows:

From the Home screen, go into Google Play Store, go to 'My Apps', select Netflix, click on 'Uninstall updates'. I can now access Netflix as normal. Hope this is of some help.

Incidently, I am very happy with my KD-49X8305C except for the satellite channel problems and thank you Quinnicus for the useful help and information you have provided.

New Sony KD-55XD8599, with latest available Sony firmware software update on 5 Dec 2016, but was still not connecting to Netflix. Using wired connection to BT Router. Gave error codes UI-800-3 and NW-2-5. More details, after Network Connection check: Netflix Server 1 :- (green tick) OK. Netflix Server 2 :- (red cross) NOT OK nw-2-5. Netflix Server 3 :- (red cross) NOT OK nw-2-5. Internet :- (green tick) OK. Phoned Sony helpline, told to try different method of connecting to Internet. Used mobile phone as hotspot to connect TV to Internet via WiFi. Netflix connected OK via mobile phone, and after initiating Netflix, then continued working Ok via BT router - whilst Netflix is running and then disconnecting from mobile phone hotspot. But next attempt by BT router only, gave same problems again. Second call to Sony helpline suggested turning off BT Parental Controls and BT Web Protect. My Parental Controls were already off, but have now also turned off BT Web Protect - and this now seems to have fixed the issue with Netflix. So this seems to be a problem only with Sony TVs connecting to Netflix, with BT Web Protect ON. Other apps are OK, and my other (Samsung) TV connects OK whateve BT Web Protect is set to.