Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z4 Touchscreen unresponsive

MWins
Visitor

Xperia Z4 Touchscreen unresponsive

Hi, really hope someone can help me

My touch screen has just suddenly stopped working, ive tried everything on the support page and still nothing

Reset didnt work either, tried via backup and reset and the little button under the micro SD card flap

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Emir1
Hero

Hi @MWins, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Does the device react to touch on any part of the display, or does it not register touches at all? Also, do you experience it permanently or does it occur while you use a specific app or service?

If you look carefully, are you able to find any damage done to the devices display? If not, could you try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, if you have not already done so?

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

MWins
Visitor

hi, thanks for the reply

It happens all the time

The only way I can use the tablet is if I connect a mouse, which is useless to me as I use it for gaming

Ive tried repairing the software, reset and factory reset, nothing is working

It did this before and when I connected my mouse then disconnected it the touchscreen worked

Emir1
Hero

Thank you for clarifying!

In that case I am afraid that I recommend you to have your device sent to an authorized service center so that a technician may examine it for you. In order to do so, you may contact your 
Local support and ask them to assist you as they are well informed in regards to local service routines, warranty terms and consumer laws. sad

Gabyandraos
Visitor

Hi

My Sony xperia Z4 is not responsive as well (screen broken but LCD is still good) but also I'm having random touches on the tablet without even touching the device

Is there a way I can disable the touch screen and use only the mouse to control the tablet

Thank you, 

Gaby