Join now - be part of our community!

Hello please someone tell menthe use of sd card on the tablet and also If I can use the as card slot for expansion. Thank

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ajaassan
Visitor

Hello please someone tell menthe use of sd card on the tablet and also If I can use the as card slot for expansion. Thank

Tags (6)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

they can fix it through the market with an app update and i think they will within short time.

mean while, just use another app (quickpic works fine for this, see me post in the favorite apps thread)

oseven
Visitor

Many thanks breedBenR.  Qickpic works perfectly.

Why on earth did Sony exclude such a wonderful feature in the first place ?

Perhaps you could now solve the problem of " throwing to a Playstation ". Another great idea that doesn't work.

Again many, many thanks.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

use twonky dlna server... from the market... 15 day trial.

only thing you cannot throw is the new hd codec videos that the tablet's camera and that sony entertainment uses. mp3 and different codec vid can

ukgreg
Visitor

Hi,

as has been mentioned earlier... you can play files from an SD card. There are suggestions of using File Managers, but I found the most simple method is to use the "File Transfer" app that comes as standard. This is supposed to be used for selecting files on the SD card that you want transfering to the tablet - however - I found out by accident that I can play the files by simply clicking on them. It then asks you do you want to delete, open or hit cancel.

If you hit Open - it asks you which app you want to use. (I have found that the Video apps dont all work equally well - bit of trial and error regarding file types that play.)

I also found with photos that if I use the right App (cant remember which and I dont have my tablet with me at the moment)....

you can scroll through all of your photos in that folder.

This also works with music, but I havent been able to choose more than one song at a time YET...

As a result, I have loaded up 3 x 4gb SD cards ready for my holiday. I think it will work well :slight_smile:

On a related topic, I bought a Micro SD to USB lead and a Female to Female adaptor - thus creating a gadget that I can plug USB sticks into. THIS DOESNT WORK for me.??? I tried it with an 8gb pen drive and wondered if the need for power was an issue, so I plugged in a simple USB card reader and a card. This didnt work either :slight_frown:

I phoned sony - they dont have the Sony gadget in stock yet and they dont have much info "Its really new we dont have much info yet" but I am REALLY struggling to find any info on the internet regarding the use of the USB socket.

If anybody has any Info - I'd appreciate it.

ajaassan
Visitor

Use quickpic for photos from sd card and also USB stick works like sd card you can move files to and from I use mx player for videos and quick pics for photos  Hope thi helps