Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
serkie
Explorer

SONY KD-55AF9 - Won't Factory Reset...

Hi All,

Could somebody help me with regards to factory resetting my AF9?  I want to factory reset it because it's become unstable over the last 2 weeks.  Namely, random reboots, won't run Netflix, iPlayer causes it to reboot, remote MIC feature has gone, Google Play Store app updates load and install but upon power cycle are gone and require installing again and a whole host of other issues that I believe a factory reset is worth trying to resolve. 

When I request a reset via the menus it reboots but no data and settings are deleted, all my account information remains. Performing internal storage reset does not delete anything either.

Holding the Power and '-' button on the TV to perform a hard factory reset does not work despite following Sony instructions.

TV is running the latest version of firmware. The problems started 24th October.

I've tried signing out of my Google Account and back in. I've reset the TV Wifi connection and performed a hard reset of my home wifi and internet router hardware. I've cleared App caches also.

It seems the Android operating system has been corrupted?

Any ideas on how to get the thing to reset and start a fresh?

Who Me Too'd this topic