Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
andrew_ashby

WH-1000XM3 can't change equaliser settings in high quality

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have just bought the WH-1000XM3 and am impressed except for the 'out of control' bass response, chosen by someone at Sony as a suitable 'flat' frequency response for the headphones. I can only guess this has been done to create broad appeal, but it masks what can actually be a great performance, once the equalisation is fixed. Fortunately this can be adjusted in the Sony android app's equaliser, but bizarrely only in the 'Priority on Stable Connection' mode and not in 'Priority on Sound Quality' mode - which is the most likely choice for anyone who is interested in getting the best from them - and one of the features I bought them for.

51730880_274041016875843_7351925769464971264_n.jpg

Why is this feature disabled Sony peeps? It's a mystery and really not good that it can't be used in conjunction with the better quality codec options that are supported. When can/will this be fixed in a software update? Thanks.

P.S. I now see this is already an active discussion thread in the Soiny US community pages and on Reddit (screen capture below), so I'm not alone and imagine others here are also frustrated by this. Sony please advise on an update to fix this - thank you.

Capture.JPG

Who Me Too'd this topic