Join now - be part of our community!

Which soundbar suggestions

profile.country.GB.title
tingy12
New

Which soundbar suggestions

Hi, Could I have any suggestions for the best sound bar. I only have a small space with a Sony tv, dvd & Sky Q box so I do not want/need a sound system just a small bar.  Many thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @tingy12,

I would definetly go with a soundbar which has a at least support for three channels, so you have a dedicated "center" channel for dialogues. This in my eyes really will improve the experience watching movies compared to the inbuild speakers of your TV (which are usually Mono or stereo).

I therefore would go with something like the HT-G700 as it also supports vertical sourround (meaning it can bounce the sound from walls/the ceiling) to create so called "phantom speakers" which will really immerse yourself into the movie you are watching.

If you have the room to mount rear speakers, I would go with the HT-S40R as it has wireless rear speakers, which require only power and will be connected to the main unit wirelessly. It is also less expensive than the HT-G700 and features real sourround sound (as oppose to having to use "phantom speakers").

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
tingy12
New

Thanks for the advise, really appreciated I will look into these two. 🙂

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @tingy12,

you're very welcome. Keep me up to date on what you choose in the end (even if it is a completly different model/brand).

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Tingy12, I would go with this one: 4K HDR 3.1 Wireless Soundbar with Surround Sound | HT-ZF9 | Sony UK  at least it has Bluetooth so you can use it with other devices as well and it's 3.1 channels.