Join now - be part of our community!

WF1000XM5 Chat to speak is not pausing audio playback and waiting for specified time

profile.country.GB.title
STARSHINE
New

WF1000XM5 Chat to speak is not pausing audio playback and waiting for specified time

https://youtu.be/nByrKmrtGds?si=VjlRdFvF0hiuoEjX 

The link I supplied is to a screen recording of the below issue. Please ensure your volume is turned up while watching the video as I was trying to speak while recording, and while I was speaking the error was also occuring, so music and speech is intermittent.  I made the screen recording on my Samsung A54 running the latest version of Android.  There are some notes in the video description on YouTube but I will summarise again  below.

(Please keep an eye on the music play button in the Sony Connect app while watching the screen recording)

The problem:

When Chat to Speak is triggered, the newly purchased earbuds (XM5) are not pausing the audio playback for the user specified time duration. Chat to speak is being triggered but playback of music or video resumes instantly even though the user is still speaking. I have tried the various different settings within Chat to speak including turning it off and on etc.

I have tried resetting the earbuds but the issue persists. Error is occuring on all media apps I tested:

Media Monkey

Samsung Video Player

YouTube.

This function was previously working.  I have seen a post elsewhere on the internet in which a gentleman was told by a Sony Service Centre in Thailand this is a known issue which is caused by phone notifications. I have tested with notifications on and with them off.  Issue persists.

Help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @STARSHINE 

I can see that you've tried resetting the headset already. But did you try to initialize it to restore factory settings?

You may also check for firmware updates: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wf-1000xm5/softw...

profile.country.GB.title
STARSHINE
New

Hello @TheMaze 

Thank you for your message.  Yes I have done all the resets.  The problems is happening intermittently at the moment.

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Did you make sure that its firmware is up-to-date according to the link I've sent?

profile.country.GB.title
STARSHINE
New

@TheMaze 

Yes, everything is up-to-date, both firmware and the Sony connect app.  I'm also running latest version of Android.