Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF-1000XM5 - Windows 11 Connection Issue (buds)

profile.country.GB.title
frainy_180
New

Sony WF-1000XM5 - Windows 11 Connection Issue (buds)

Hi All,

Im hoping someone can help me although my hopes are quite low at the minute as I've followed quite a few guidance articles on this issue and had no luck whatsoever. 

I just bought the XM5 ear buds and finding it impossible to connect to my PC. They connect just fine with my android phone but my PC is having none of it. Here's what happens. 

I find the earbuds through my PC bluetooth settings and the paired just fine. Then I have to connect to them which I can only do when the buds are discoverable. So I put both buds in the case, I leave the case open, and I press the pairing button on the back until the light flashes blue. 

The buds come up on my PC, I click to connect, and they connect. So then I take the buds out to test the audio, and nothing comes through them. Within the space of 3 or 4 seconds after taking the buds out of the case to test, they've disconnected from the PC. I thought this was because they were "preferring" my android, so I turned my android bluetooth off and the same thing happens. 

The pairing never disappears but I've been connecting time and time again and still haven't heard anything come through these buds. I've been trying all day. I honest find it incredible that this could be so difficult to achieve, that I figure I must be doing something wrong. It can't possible be this difficult to connect a bluetooth device to another. 

I suspect I haven't explained myself perfectly and if that's the case, I can explain further, or provide screenshots. If anyone else has come across this (seems lots of people have elsewhere so I don't think it's just me), I'd really appreciate any advice. 

Cheers in advance 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
profile.country.GB.title
frainy_180
New

I tried all those steps before. The earbuds connect while they're sat in the case, but when I take them out to put in my ears, they disconnect from the PC after about 5 seconds. In those 5 seconds, I can't hear anything coming from the PC. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Does that happen when you connect any other headset to the PC or just the WFXM5?