Join now - be part of our community!

Several headphones with the same name (WH-1000XM3) in the same airplane

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
PerErling
New

Several headphones with the same name (WH-1000XM3) in the same airplane

How can you change the name on your headphone so it will be easier to find with bluetooth?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NO.title
PerErling
New

Hello Nic. 

It was a big problem the first time I had to pair the headphones on board a plane. Suddenly there were five available WH-1000XM3s on board. Now I have solved the problem: If you click "settings" behind the WH-1000XM3 in "paired devices", a new option will appear, "Rename". My headphone has now been renamed and it works great.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @PerErling,

no, you can't change the name of the headphones - I also don't see why that would be an issue.

Once you are paired to your headphones, your devices will automatically connect to your set of headphones and yours only.

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
PerErling
New

Hello Nic. 

It was a big problem the first time I had to pair the headphones on board a plane. Suddenly there were five available WH-1000XM3s on board. Now I have solved the problem: If you click "settings" behind the WH-1000XM3 in "paired devices", a new option will appear, "Rename". My headphone has now been renamed and it works great.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @PerErling,

yes, you can rename them on your phone, but the name won't become the devices new name. If you search for them via another device they still have the default name.

- Nic