Join now - be part of our community!

Is my NW-HD5 useless??

profile.country.no_NO.title
hallvardr
New

Is my NW-HD5 useless??

I have an NW-HD5 and a windows 8 computer.

Is there any way I can still use the player?

I do not have the software, and I understand that Sony dues not let anyone download it anymore,

and that it dues not work on windows 8.

So, is it possible to get music on it again?

No it's empty and says no database. I can drop music in it, but the player dues not find any.

Pretty annoyed at Sony right now...............

Tags (5)
6 REPLIES 6
simonmmm
New

Wow... just,wow.

A year and a half... and no response. At all.

I'm in the same boat. I have actually managed to crowbar SonicStage to work on this Windows 8 laptop. Downloading from a non-Sony source, and then running with XP compatibilities on everything, (thanks for no help there Sony.)

However it's still no use because let face it Sonic Stage was ALWAYS rubbish. So it still can't do what I want it to.

Media Go is so far pretty damn good considering. Way too late bringing something usefull to the game Sony, but why the heck not make it compatible with older Walkman?

How about an add-on or firmware update to the NW-HD5 so it can work with the better new software?! but no.

Is this a deliberate attempt to be A-holes like Apple? The original bunch of A-people...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Simonmmm

This is primarily a community based forum and is not designed as a way of direct contact with Sony.  Sony monitor the forums, but rarely post.  If a problem does not have an answer, it is likely that the community does not know.

Contact Sony directly : HERE

Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Cheers

simonmmm
New

Thanks for letting me know Quinnicus,

I have already contacted Sony with no luck, but thanks for letting me know they don't listen to people here either *sigh* 😞

If I ever do find a way to make real use of my lovely mp3 Walkman again, I'll post it here...

MarieDC
New

Hi, I have the same problem.  I, too, contacted Sony and yes, they were next to useless.  I would be grateful if you do find any way to solve this problem.  If I find out any answers, I will also post.

My little player is still in good nick, and it would be a real shame to throw it away just because they couldn't be bothered to help their customers.  It wasn't cheap when I bought it, so I have little or no goodwill towards them. They were just after my money and then want more. Greedy, with no morals.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

There is no way to download music to NW-HD5 with Win8 or higher. You need a computer that runs XP/Vista or 7 for SonicStage to runs smoothly.

Well as you said, it was'nt cheap, and 10 years after it's still working so... I don't see why you complain it's a proof of its high value 😃

While the computer that you paid much more than this walkman to tranfer music is...Dead? if not, then you still have all you need to use it to transfert music 😃

profile.country.GB.title
username
New

heLLO-

i had the same probLEM!

sony nw hd5 and laptop windows 8!

but there is no probLem with that- it works!!

the link for download sonicstage 4.3 is on youtube- search for sonicstage!!!