Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 for Vaio PCG-91211M

Lazapa
New

Windows 7 for Vaio PCG-91211M

Hi All,

Can you let me know where can I download the Windows 7 OS that comes installed in my laptop VAIO? The recovery partition was formated and I don't have any recovery disk.

I do have the sticker below the laptop with the Windows 7 Home Prem OA Product Key but I cannot find a way to download the full OS to install it again neither in Microsoft web nor in Sony Vaio support web.

Is there any way to download the Windows 7 Home Prem OA or a newer version that accept my MS Windows licence? In Microsoft web when trying to download the Windows 7 ISO discs the error message is listed:
"The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options."
But I cannot find any way to download it in the Sony Vaio Support area (I also tried in the external EET Europarts site but it's not available).

I'll much appreciate any help regarding to how the reinstall Windows 7 Home Prem OA or any other version that my license accept without having the recovery discs nor the partition available.

Best Regards,
Paul L.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

PCG-91211M is the Chassis... The Model is under the display, on the right...

With the exact model you can now find the correct Recovery Disk in EET EUROPARTS...

Manolo

Lazapa
New

This is a laptop, it says MODEL PCG-91211M.
Is the model VPCEJ?

I searched for the Product Name: VPCEJ2B1E but I cannot find any OS installation disks in EET EUROPARTS neither.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I've also checked and nothing...
This is a problem because the only "official" way to reinstall the OS is from an OS disk of Windows 7 but you have to buy it... This by "officially way"...

If you have upgradet to Windows 10, before this issue, you can download an ISO for this OS and you can install it...

Manolo

Joutungwu
Explorer

Official Microsoft download site for Windows 7:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7