Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR10E/S not connecting to TV through VGA

profile.country.en_GB.title
PammyS
Visitor

VGN-NR10E/S not connecting to TV through VGA

My laptop and Samsung aren't recognising each other. I don't know if this is a known problem or if it's something I am doing wrong.

When I try to find the chanel on the TV there's no PC option showing and there's nothing on any of the other source channels either,

I also think my Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chip Family adapters are out of date. However when I search through advance properties in Control panel for an update I get the message that they aren't out of date.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi PammyS.

Although Sony and Samsung don't admit it is a known problem (they blame each other) we have seen lots of problems with the VGA connection to some Samsung displays and it is quite common..

The problem remains unresolved but it seems to turn up here less frequently - probably because everyone uses HDMI these days - and I don't think a driver update will help.

You can try updating the Intel GMA Driver from the Intel website (Use the .ZIP download as the .EXE installer will not work) but I am not confident you will solve it.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
PammyS
Visitor

Thanks so much for your help. I will probably just try a HMDI from my tablet instead. Wish I had known this before I bought the VGA & Audio lead.

Oh well...

Thanks again! :slight_smile: