Join now - be part of our community!

Update to Win7

MrMister-
Visitor

Update to Win7

Hi everybody,

I have a Vaio VGN-SZ71MN/B here that came with Vista 32bit. Since my company switched systems everybody was required to change their systems to Windows 7 64bit, but since the re-install most of my hardware is not being detected correctly. My graphic card, touchpad and keyboard are all installed as standard-vga-device, standard-keyboard etc.

I've been searching on different forums and pages for a few hours now and I have found out that many others have the same problem. However, I was not able to find a solution 😞

Is there a place where I can get working 64drivers (vista/win7) that I will actually be able to install? The standard nvidia 64bit driver setup won't run, god knows why.

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate a response since I kinda need my laptop to run.

Greetings,
MrMister

5 REPLIES 5
MrMister-
Visitor

Hey, no one out there who has an idea how to get my laptop running again? It's a 2000$ machine and I have to use win7, I really can't afford to buy a new one just so my hardware is properly detected 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MrMister and welcome.

you will find Device drivers for Windows Vista x64 at the following link:

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/unofficial/64/001.html

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MrMister-
Visitor

Hey Rich,

thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunatelly, I'm not able to open the link you provided, all I get is a "Forbidden : Please read the EULA (End User License Agreement)."

Could you please check if you can find a working link (given that it is not working for you either).

Best whishes,
MrMister

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sorry about that. Try this one....

http://www.vaio-link.com/os/vista/64bit/

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MrMister-
Visitor

Hi Rich,

thank you very much, that link worked. I was even able to install my GPU and the card reader, but there seems to be no driver on that page for my pointing device or my keyboard (or the built-in camera for that matter, but I can live without that one), only for different models.
I was wondering if it was possible to install a keyboard driver from a different model? Differences can't be that huge, can they? Would that work?

Thank you for your support so far, really appreciate it!

Best whishes,
MrMister