Join now - be part of our community!

Subwoofer near a pc??

smsmasters
Visitor

Subwoofer near a pc??

i hav recently purchased a labtec speaker system consisting of a subwoofer and two satellite speakers.

the subwoofer is not magnetically shielded. it is about 1metre away from my pc. is this safe???? :thinking: :thinking:

Im a bit worried that my pc might break down :smileyrolling_eyes:

14 REPLIES 14
EzDoezIt
Visitor

It should be quite safe. Electro-magnetic interference drops off quite quickly.

My subwoofer is on the floor, under my desk which is probably close to a metre from my PC. It's been running like that for years without a problem.

VAIOneer
Visitor

The only adverse effect a sub can have on your pc is the bass it pumps out. But then again, its not exactly earthquake force bass so it wont be too bad :cool:

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, thnx for the info cheers :smileygrin:

smsmasters
Visitor

i now bought a creative labs 6700 6.1 channel surround sound speaker system. by subwoofer is lyk 15cm away from my sony rx305 base unit. is this safe??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I used to have my sub about 30cm away from the PC, it was fine, but I think it was a shielded speaker.

kee-lo_

I used to have my sub about 30cm away from the PC, it was fine, but I think it was a shielded speaker.

smsmasters
Visitor

what speaker system was it??

kee-lo_

Sorry about the double posting agaian, damn servers :devil:

They were some generic things, OK, but not excellent.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Generally subs are best placed in a corner of the room - for most "boom" effect.

I had my Creative 4.1 sub next to my PC for 2 yrs - no problems.

I've also had a B&G sub next to my PC for a few months - no adverse effects (well not until I moved the sub into my lounge and lost any decent bass I had to play Unreal Tournament with :smileyrolling_eyes: