Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VPCEH2N1E Processor Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1sttimedad
Visitor

Sony VAIO VPCEH2N1E Processor Upgrade

Hi Guys

I'm not too clued up about laptops and what can and can't be upgraded, more of a PC tower man. A friend of mine bought the above laptop, you guys may have seen my earlier post about a RAM upgrade, after going to him with the answer I got off here he asked if the laptop processor is upgradable from the standard i5 upto the i7.

Thanks again in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I suppose it is upgradeable but I would not recommend it as, for a very small increase in processing power. you will have to give up: -

• The Sony Warranty
  • A lot of cash
  • Effective Cooling

He is better just sticking to the RAM as the limiting factor will always be the on-board Intel HD Graphics and these cannot be upgraded.  The i5 CPU is capable of 3.0 GHz with Turbo Boost which is not too shoddy!

Any more upgrades and he would have been better off buying a higher spec machine - or of course a Tower System!!

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I suppose it is upgradeable but I would not recommend it as, for a very small increase in processing power. you will have to give up: -

• The Sony Warranty
  • A lot of cash
  • Effective Cooling

He is better just sticking to the RAM as the limiting factor will always be the on-board Intel HD Graphics and these cannot be upgraded.  The i5 CPU is capable of 3.0 GHz with Turbo Boost which is not too shoddy!

Any more upgrades and he would have been better off buying a higher spec machine - or of course a Tower System!!

:wink: