Join now - be part of our community!

Reinstalling WinDVD BD . . . :(

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
syreetabonita
New

Reinstalling WinDVD BD . . . :(

Hellooooo,
Is there any way of re-installing WinDVD BD without using the VAIO Recovery Centre?
I have tried the Recovery Centre but Win DVD BD is not on the list of programs that I can re-install.  The lady at VAIO Link said the only way of doing it is to do a full system recovery - a nightmare if I have to go down that road tbh 
I am assuming that the install files must be somewhere within the hard drive recovery area - but where do I look/extract them from if it is at all possible?
I still have an issue which still hasn't been resolved.  Primarily, I was trying to solve the problem of my laptop not playing CD's anymore and thought that the issue was to do with WinDVD BD as it was a DVD I was trying to watch . . . I have now realised to my cost that this was a crazy thing to do !
. . . Is there any way around it in order to solve the 2 issues?
Any help would mbe really appreciated.
My model no is; PCG-391M and the bottom of the base but on the bottom, right below the screen is; VGN-FZ1S  . . . It's a minefield!!!  :anguished:

Kind regards,
Sy :slight_smile:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The lady at  VAIO Link said the only way of doing it is to do a full system recovery -  a nightmare if I have to go down that road tbh  

Hi Sy,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately the lady at Vaio Link was correct the only way to re-install the Sony supplied Win DVD is by doing a System recovery..:smileysad:

You could try doing a system restore (All Programs, Accessories, System Tools) to a point before you unistalled the application..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The lady at  VAIO Link said the only way of doing it is to do a full system recovery -  a nightmare if I have to go down that road tbh  

Hi Sy,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately the lady at Vaio Link was correct the only way to re-install the Sony supplied Win DVD is by doing a System recovery..:smileysad:

You could try doing a system restore (All Programs, Accessories, System Tools) to a point before you unistalled the application..