Join now - be part of our community!

GRX416SP Jog Wheel start up problem!

l8on
Visitor

GRX416SP Jog Wheel start up problem!

:thinking: Someone Please Help!
I have just bought a Sony Vaio GRX416SP and I'm very pleased with it and it goes everywhere with me.
My problem is when I shut down the notebook, unplug the power supply, close the lid and pick it up to put it into my case it switches it's self back on?????
I first thought it was a set-up problem but couldnt find anything relating to this so I looked very carefully at the way the lid closed and I found it, the lid touches the Jog Wheel when you pick the notebook up and this starts the system up.
Has any one got a solution for this or is it a design fault, because I've heard some horror stories about notebooks frying themselves because they have switched on while in the case.

7 REPLIES 7
Freedom
Visitor

This is a known problem with the GRX series and very easy to solve.

You could switch off your laptop (not hibernate or standby) by the start button.

Or (German version, sorry I don't know the exact english expressions):

Vaio-Action-Setup (via the Dial-Wheel) VAIO-Settings" register card PPK-Settings, press the large P, in the next window choose Cancel, mark the line Die gegenwärtige Zuweisung wird gelöscht (...will be deleted) in the text field and click on Fertig stellen.

EzDoezIt
Visitor

If you need quick translations of a few sentences, http://babelfish.altavista.com is great.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Right click the jog dial icon in your system tray.

Click on Jog Dial Setup (VAIO Action setup)

On the PPK tab, click on the large P button, and put a check in the cancel section. Apply your settings, and everything should be OK.

There was another post about this, but it seems as though some posts have been deleted (clubuser take note of the usefulness of old posts!!!)

l8on
Visitor

OK Guys there is a problem!

Right click the jog dial icon in your system tray. [OK done that]

Click on Jog Dial Setup (VAIO Action setup). [OK done that]

On the PPK tab [OK done that], click on the large P button [OK done that], and put a check in the cancel section [what cancel section??? I've got Recommended Application, Favorites, Program Files, All Files, Drag & Drop and Remove but no Cancel???

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brains
Visitor

hehe... I think l8on had the answer... :laughing: :laughing:

VAIOneer
Visitor

There should be an option in one of the lists that tells you what application will launch when you press the Jog Dial key.
Find it, and press remove.
I can't remember the application myself - I removed it ages ago!

Brains
Visitor

On the PPK tab [OK done that], click on the large P button [OK done that], and put a check in the cancel section [what cancel section??? I've got Recommended Application, Favorites, Program Files, All Files, Drag & Drop and Remove but no Cancel??? 

definately the remove thing... sorry for my last post. you asked an additional question I was too blind to see it... :smileyrolling_eyes: