Join now - be part of our community!

[:(] Green/Gray screen crash problem

tweaty7
Visitor

[:(] Green/Gray screen crash problem

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problem as I have.

I've bought my Vaio nw21 last month, and I've been having a problem when suddenly the screen turns green with vertical stripes, or grey and whole notebook freezes. I need to do a hard reset, and then everything runs ok. The problem appears at no set time, so I've got no clue about what's causing it. :slight_frown:

I'd appreciate any help, as I'm a student working on my diploma thesis and I need the machine desperately.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tweaty7 and welcome.

Unfortunately this is possibly a graphics card problem.

If possible try plugging in an external monitor - if you experience the same problem then it is almost certainly the graphics chip and you will need to raise a case with support.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tweaty7
Visitor

Thank you Rich,

it's just as I thought. Well...let's see what the guys at sony have to say about that.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good luck with that tweaty7.

Please let us know how you get on...

EDIT: Before accepting a machine for repair Support usually ask that you carry out a restore to factory defaults (to eliminate a software problem). Make sure that you backup any data you need prior to this. Even if they don't request a restore, backup data before sending in your machine as they may very well carry out this procedure themselves.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tweaty7
Visitor

They indeed requested a reset to factory defaults, which I did, to no avail. My data's already safely backed up on my external hdd. :slight_smile: I'm sending the machine to tech support after Xmas, since it would only take too long now.

I hope that the new year will be more successful for me. (this is my 3rd broken notebook this year...and you'd say that that kind of thing is improbable)

Thank you again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too tweaty7.

Please come back to us if the problem is not resolved...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat